Monday 5 July 2010

Armageddon!

Sunday started out as a beautiful day. Stewart was up early and set off at 6 a.m. to water the flowers at the office and sort things out at church in preparation for the morning Eucharist, secure in the knowledge that he was leaving 9 fluffy little puppies sleeping peacefully in a the whelping box.

Meanwhile, I was awoken at approximately 6.35 a.m. by the little blighters, who obviously thought it was about time someone fed them. As I dragged my self out of bed and descended the stairs, I became aware of an odour that was even more offensive to my nose than the puppies' howling was to my ears. On entering the study, it was clear that several of the puppies had felt the urge to 'go' and that the others had all decided to 'spread the joy'. Copiously!

I will not go into the details of what followed but fortunately Stewart arrived at that very moment and it took us an hour and of scraping, bathing and sanitising before the puppies one again looked like this.


Where is 'that delivery driver' when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment